Thursday, April 10, 2008

Off We Go.... New York Public Library.

On April 9, 2008 the whole class went to the New York public library. Here is the website http://www.nypl.org . You can find all the information that you are looking for, like a particular book or research that you may have to do for a school paper. It was kind of interesting to see many different kinds of books in anything and any subject in all kinds of different fields. I saw a book that was called “The Fine Art of Sex” and as you can use your logic you know exactly what the book is. Well I decided to flip through the page and I saw all kinds of sex pictures of different people having sex. I was pretty much laughing and I even showed to Ana my partner, and then we also had Sandy who wanted to look at it and I said, “No.” I did not like the book at all and I do not think such a book should even be in the library because young teens and children can get a hold of this book and take it out and seriously damage their minds. There is a time and place for everything even for the young teens and the children. Why should they bother themselves with this kind of nonsense? A smart parent will make sure their kid does not get a hold of such a book. I think most people will pick out a book like this to see what is in store not for the simple interest of research and study. For such a purpose the library staff should have it by them and if an adult needs then fine, but a young teen should not have it unless a parents suggest it. That is simply my opinion. Most people will defer but this is how I feel on the subject matter. Afterwards we went to the other library I don’t know the name, but it’s the one with the lions where we took the group picture (maybe it’s the same name.) There I learned that they only have one book and you can only look at it there and you cannot take it home. They even have some books that are thousands of years old and some have sheep skin on it. It’s true what Dr. Smith is saying that if you act interested then you will become interested. I usually find libraries extremely boring. It’s totally true I guess if I learn to love the library and act interested than i guess i will be interested. WE also had a tour guide who showed us around the big beautiful library and told us that some reading rooms have light coming from the outside in other words it is natural night it does not need the help of an external light. I saw all kinds of people, some are probably tourists others are researching their work.

2 comments:

Ana said...

Oh damn, you talked about the book!! I had even forgotten all about it.

Zinaida's-blog. said...

well what did you think?????